Thursday 21 July 2011

Audio recording

In what seems a former life, I used to venture into the Aussie bush (i.e. forest) with my bird-shooting equipment (camera with long lens) hanging from my neck AND with my sound-recording equipment in my pockets. Sometimes I would have the latter in my hand, at the ready.


Here's a pic of the recording gear:




I managed to record some beautiful bird calls, as well as some unusual ones, several of which I have uploaded to Wikimedia. Here's a list; just click on the bird's name to hear the call:


Grey Shrike-thrush In this call, you hear other birds in the background.


Yellow-tailed Black Cockatoo

Fan-tailed Cuckoo

Eastern Whipbird It is the male bird that does the whip-crack sound but, right at the end of this recording, you hear a female responding to the male's call.


Hmmm, only 4 calls - I shall have to upload some more to Wiki before too long.




No comments:

Post a Comment