Saturday 17 December 2011

HAPPY CHRISTMAS!

At the risk of stating the obvious: it's almost Christmas!


For all my 'hip', 'with-it' and up-to-date relatives and friends, I hope you will forgive me and accept this as my sincere best wishes for you, your family and friends to have a blessed, joyful, peaceful and contemplative Christmas; one in which you spend at least some time, amid the throng and confusion of opened presents strewn across the floor, in considering why we have the celebration of Christmas.


As you are probably aware, the reason behind it - Christmas itself, that is - was the humble birth in a stable of a child, Jesus, the Christ, to Mary (then a virgin) and Joseph in Bethlehem over 2,000 years ago. A miracle that we still celebrate today!


Our Western celebration of Christmas has increasingly tended to get away from the simple celebration of Christ's birth over the past 50 years or more, so I hope you will make one small step this year, towards returning to an appreciation of the reason for our joy.


Finally, I found this video (on YouTube - where else?), which encapsulates at least part of what I wish for you:





_______________________________________________________


Christmas, part 2


I thank God for restoring my heart to normal rhythm and for thus enabling me to get out and about once again, pursuing my twin passions of cycling and photography, as well as the love of our Aussie bush.


On Wednesday, I ventured into the 'wilds' of the Weddin State Forest, not far from Grenfell, where I was fortunate enough to capture these little chaps and chapesses. (As with all images on my blog, if you click on a photo, you can see a larger version quickly.)


Red-capped Robin, male

Red-capped Robin, female (I think)

Red-capped Robin, male

Red-capped Robin, female (I think)

Red-capped Robin, male

Unknown bird

2 comments:

  1. Nice one Brian, seasons wishes to you too 8-)

    I know what you mean. Looking at the Christmas cards as a child there were a good few with angels, mangers and wise men on them. Now looking above my mantle place, no end of cats, polar bears, santa's , snowmen and JUST one headed 'A Christmas Prayer' with Mary, Joseph and baby Jesus.

    While enjoying ourselves, it is good to not lose sight of what the real meaning came from.

    Best wishes for Christmas and good health in the new year Brian.

    Tone
    www.hotpix.org.uk

    ReplyDelete