Saturday 12 May 2012

What's wrong with this photo?

My bike at turning point of last Wednesday's ride.

C'mon, all you smart people out there! See if you can work out what's wrong with this photo.......

On Wednesday, 9th May (2012), I rode westward from Grenfell on the Mid-Western Highway, then along Sandy Creek Road for about 12 kilometres, where, as you can see in the photo, I reached a point that was 35 kilometres from Grenfell. This means, of course, that I covered 70 kms altogether. (BTW, I rode in from the left of the photo and headed back that way.)

It was much like a summer's day (max. 25C - in the shade), so I was glad to get back home without melting!

Just to add a little bit of 'culture' to the story, out to the right of the above photo, I saw this sign and gate:
Yes, that's Ben Hall, the infamous bushranger of the gold rush days! His former homestead at this site was burned to the ground on the orders of the new owner of Sandy Creek station, after Hall was hanged. It's a prickle farm now!

Postscript, 26 Nov., 2013: Well, no-one has got back to me with an answer to my conundrum, so here is the answer.......


The photo of my bike was taken AFTER I HAD FINISHED THE RIDE, when I headed out there again to check the distance, because I was having problems with my bike's computer and I don't trust signposts for distances.


The clue is that there are no bidons (drink bottles) on the bike and a bike rider with any sense would never head out on a long ride on a warm day without taking some liquid along. I think I carried three on the day, two on the bike and one in a pocket of my jersey.




No comments:

Post a Comment